1. Make your messages more optimistic.
2. Develop some strategic opportunities.
3. Tighten your discounting policies.
4. Revisit your "dead" accounts.
5. Become an industry "thought leader."As economic activity accelerates, more "noise" gets into the system. As an increasing number of sellers clamor for the buyer's attention, your challenge is to differentiate yourself to "cut through" that noise. The best way to do this is to communicate a unique and powerful vision of where your industry is headed.
Geoffrey James writes the Sales Source column on Inc.com, the world's most-visited sales-oriented blog. His newly published book is Business to Business Selling: Power Words and Strategies From the World's Top Sales Experts. @Sales_Source